The historic center of Modena is set to come alive with a rich array of activities during the festive season. From illuminations to musical events, Modena offers a captivating Christmas experience for all ages.
Highlights of Christmas in Modena’s Historic Center:
- Lighting Ceremonies: Starting from December 1, 2023, to January 7, 2024, major squares in the city center will be lit up with festive lights, accompanied by choirs and performances. More info
- Christmas on the Train: From December 2, 2023, to January 7, 2024, a special Christmas train will take tourists and residents through the historic heart of the city. More info
- Ice Skating Academy: An exciting family experience at Piazza Roma, available from November 18, 2023, to February 18, 2024. More info
- Christmas Delights: Enjoy delicious crepes, roasted chestnuts, and mulled wine in Piazza Matteotti and Largo Porta Bologna from November 17 to January 7. More info
- Unique Theatre Performances: A range of theatrical productions, including improvised dialogues on music and emotions, will be held at the Nuovo Teatro delle Passioni on December 3. More info
- “In Dulci Jubilo” Concert: Experience the enchanting sounds of Christmas at the Chiesa di San Barnaba on December 7. More info
- Vintage Car Exhibition: Admire a collection of classic sports cars at Largo San Giorgio on December 10, with gifts for children in attendance. More info
- Traditional Christmas Market: Running from December 14 to 24, 2023, under the Portici di Piazza Grande, this market features a variety of antique books, prints, and other unique items. More info
- Disney-Inspired Performances: Enjoy a captivating show on January 6, 2024, featuring Disney’s greatest hits at Piazza Roma. More info
For a complete schedule of the festive season’s events in Modena, visit Modena Mio.